Header Ads

Karmic ttf-msttcorefonts-installer problem!

I just installed Karmic on my sister notebook and guess what? The epic 'msttcorefonts' servers - file not found - mismatch checksums' errors happened while installing ubuntu-restricted-extras! It never happened to my laptop... Weird!

After goggling for hours and trying most of the workaround found, I was back to square one. Still no solutions!

Then, it struck me to check the links of the mscorefonts files directly, and it seems the file is not there? What is going on? And then, I tried to change the default mirrors to a Japanese mirror. Viola! The files is there... again!

Hmm... I dont know much about bash scripting but I change the script I found at : http://www.friendlytechninja.vndv.com to get the files from the Jap's mirror and it worked like a charm!


Now, if you had the similar problems, you might want to try this. This come as-is basis! Do not shout to me if it didn't work for you! Maybe you need to replace the Japs mirror with another mirror.

Open your terminal > type :

sudo gedit /var/lib/dpkg/info/ttf-mscorefonts-installer.postinst

then replace the content of the file with below! You can just cut-paste the code.

#!/bin/bash

#Version: 1.0
#Info: Bash script to install mscorefonts without using
#currently broken ttf-mscorefonts-installer (3.0) for
#Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala (date: 03/11/09)

#Author: Jonathan K.
#Website: http://www.friendlytechninja.vndv.com
#Email:
 then run the installer again!

sudo apt-get install ttf-msttcorefonts-installer


Don't forget to say something if this help you!

1 comment:

Terima kasih.