Resetting Grub2 Anyone?

GNU GRUBSalam to all.

I just upgraded my box and with it, there was a new kernel; Kernel 2.6.31-16-generic.
sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get upgrade
The upgrading process went smooth and well and suggested me to restart at the end of it.

Now, I did the restart and booted back into Ubuntu in 35 secs. Then, I remembered that there was no GRUB page displayed! You know, the page with the kernels to choose...

It just restarted and booted automatically. I did
uname -r
to check if I booted the new kernel. The result is somewhat very weird. I booted with my old 2.6.31-14-generic kernel instead of my new 2.6.31-16-generic kernel. What did happened?

Anyway, at that time, I did not have the luxury of neither the time nor the 'will-power' to find-out why this is happening. I just want to boot with my new kernel as it supposedly happen. So, I opened-up Synaptic and search for grub.

The list gave me ; grub and grub-pc and some other grub related packages. I just removed them and reinstall grub-pc a.k.a grub2 again.

After asking about some options for my new grub installation, the installation process ended successfully. I quietly restart and hoping I could boot without errors. Surprisingly, it did booted well and uname-r reported new kernel. Whoa.. thank god!

Well, who said wild theory doesn't kick as#?