Header Ads

Learn GIMP

A screenshot of the GIMP 2.2.8 raster graphic ...As you may noticed, I did not actively doing any posts lately. I am sorry about that but I have a good reason. I'm taking some learning curve on GIMP.

I do not want to use Photoshop and never use it for my work. Photoshop just don't get enough of my attention. I did installed it and although I was introduced and advised to use Photoshop for so many time, I just never understood it plus I did not want to pay for it. No offense to those Photoshop lovers out there. I know Photoshop can do many wonderful things, and sometimes do magic. But, yet all my previous image effects (during my windows time), was done through various image manipulator software, which I can get for free or as shareware.

Yes, I know- I know. I'm not starting a flame war here. I am just stating my personal opinions. Please do not get my wrong.

Now, the real deal. In Windows, I have to buy Photoshop in order to use it, but through Linux, GIMP already came pre-installed. So, I have the chance to get to know GIMP through Ubuntu recently and I must say, I got much interest in GIMP than I ever did in Photoshop. Why? Do not ask me, I just like it.

I am determine to learn GIMP and going to invest my time learning it. So, wish me good luck guys. I will post my progress here and may be some tips on GIMP.

For now, I am reading and researching about GIMP at these website. If you have any website to help a GIMP newbies like me, please post it in the comment.

1. GIMPguru
2. GIMP Official Website
3. GimpTalk
4. GimpTutorial
5. Gimp-Savvy
6. Tutorialblog - Gimp Tutorial
7. GIMPology
8. pixel2Life
9. GIMP user group
10. MelayuBuntu

3 comments:

  1. Hello Dear,

    This is very good. You are doing gr8 job.
    Just go ahead, time will change everyone's attitude who are not believing in using Open source.

    I am system adming, but i know what is GIMP? and how can we save money with it.

    Actually i personally believe in spreading knowledge of Open source, shareware softwares. I am trying my little effort, but i am sure, after some time everyone has to accept it.

    So i personally Heartly Wish you BEST OF LUCK.

    Go ahead. success will be yours.

    With Warm Regards,
    Ashish Barot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Ashish,

    I did some reading on GIMP and yet still do not know where to start.

    May be more reading needed?

    Anyway. nice blog you have there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't quite mastered GIMP yet. Anyway, The Gimp will not be in Ubuntu 10.04. But if we want it, we can always installed it for free. It is in the repository.

    ReplyDelete

Terima kasih.